Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My History with The Devil Part Two: Autumn, The Season



As you can see from some of my previous posts, I really enjoy fall.  Actually, I enjoy every season for different reasons.  In Fall, I love the leaves, the colors, the crisp air, the pies, the first time I wear a sweater or a jacket, soup, etc.

That season has got it out for me.



It seems like I get a great head start on "being in shape" each and every Spring and Summer.  I lose weight, I begin running (again), I have motivation for being healthy.  It doesn't hurt that bathing suit season is coming up, either.

Another reason for this phenomenon is the abundance of delicious produce in the summer.  The berries, the corn, the watermelon, the peppers, they are so cheap and so good and so local that it's all I want to eat!  That's not a bad diet!

When autumn rolls around, so do the rolls and biscuits, so do the pasta dishes, so do the baked goods.  Why?  Because these things taste delicious when it is cold out!

And I suppose going back to school each and every fall has something to do with it, as well.  I have never worked a summer in my life.  (Summer jobs don't count).  I have never gone to school in the summer.  I am free and have lots of time to be healthy.  When works starts again, I get overwhelmed with things to do, and exercising just doesn't seem to be on the top of the list.  I say to myself every year, "Maria, you HAVE to keep working out this Fall!  For once in your life, please wear your summer clothes size in the winter!"

It's true, guys, all of my summer clothes are 1 (or 2) sizes smaller than my winter clothes.  And sure enough, I lose weight in the Summer EVERY YEAR, and I gain it back in the Fall EVERY YEAR.  For once I would like to buy new winter clothes... in my Summer size!

Is 2011 going to be the year when I turn this terrible habit around?  Who knows.

Part Three to follow...




No comments:

Post a Comment