Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thank God for Long Weekends!

This is the best weekend ever.  I have a lot to do and I am somewhat busy but I am thankful for being able to sleep in and NOT be around 700 kids under the age of 10 today.

Yesterday it was almost 70 degrees out!  I got home from work, immediately changed into some workout gear and went on my first outside run since we moved to Salisbury.  I even mapped my run on Mapmyrun.com!  Then I got home, took a super-quick shower and met some work friends for Happy Hour at a cute local restaurant/bar on the river.  I drank EVO (a local ale) on tap for the first time and friends, it was great.  Then Josh and I ordered pizza and it was delicious.  We had an early bedtime, though, because it was a long week!

This morning I woke up early and took my usual bodypump class at the gym and then I actually stayed and took a kickboxing class!  I have never done kickboxing before, so I was a little intimidated at first.  But guess what?  It was AWESOME.  It was by far the best cardio workout I have ever got in a class setting.  I will definitely be attending every Saturday morning!

Then I came home and made us salads for lunch, went to the grocery store, and did all the laundry.

I also made a homemade spaghetti sauce.  Our friends from York and their 10 mo. old baby are coming to visit tomorrow and I am making lasagna.  The sauce is ALWAYS better on the second day, so I got it started today and even let it simmer for like, 3 hours!  I plan on posting my lasagna recipe on here soon--you should definitely try it!

Then... the dreaded taxes.  JUST KIDDING!   I am actually pretty excited!  I have never done my own taxes before and neither has Josh, so I was pretty excited to actually do them on my own for the first time.  Yes, I know that this will be the only year I am excited about it, but let me eat it up, okay?!

It turns out that after I completed the majority of the taxes, I got to the last thing.  And we realized that Josh left it in his briefcase.... at work.  So the taxes won't be done until next week. Oh well!

Tonight I am making waffles and bacon for dinner and then I am getting a head start on my first grad school paper!  I am NOOTTTTTT excited to write it.  Not at all.  In fact, it terrifies me.  But I will do it and hopefully it will be great!

Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment