Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sick and Tired Already...

Yes, it's true.  I am already sick.  And I am so tired.  Compared to last year, this job is about 100X more demanding.  It's like the kids in this city have more energy than in WV!  I don't know why but it's already making me so tired!  It's amazing how much the home life situations take a toll on the behavior and personalities of the children.  I have 10 year olds with 3 year old behaviors.  Those same kids exhibit 20 year old maturity sometimes.  It's crazy.  At this time last year, I was diving head first into deep material with the kids and advanced and mature music!  Not this year.  We are starting from scratch. 

The children are actually very musical.  Their previous teacher had been here for a LONG time and had a great program.  The kids can REALLY read music!  But when it comes to maturity when moving around, or rules with the instruments, we really waste a lot of time. 

I am working on it.

1 comment:

  1. :( Hate to hear your having a rough time, hopefully they will come around.

    ReplyDelete