Sunday, January 30, 2011

Really, Maria? Really?

That's how I feel after what I am about to tell you.

I am in love with Eminem.  Yes, the rapper.

This is weird.

I have always appreciated rap music.  But I can't stand when people say the N-word and speak about women the way that some most rappers do.  This is unfortunate, because there are some excellent musicians out there and I always felt like they were wasting their talent by making a career of hip-hop.

Well, as one of my many new-years resolutions (which I will update you about later), I decided to give rap a try.  Josh is into it and gave me the down-low on the most influential and important rappers of all time.  So I started with Eminem.  I decided to start with his latest album, Recovery:


That's as far as I have gotten, but let me tell you, I have listened to this thing over and over and over and over again.  It's incredible.  You NEED to listen to it.  I don't care what kind of music you like. 

I was wrong.  He isn't wasting his career.  I was being judgmental (another thing I am trying to control as a New year's Resolution).

I had already heard both singles, Not Afraid and Love the Way You Lie.  But every song is amazing.  There are lots of bad words and lots of things that aren't necessarily respectful things to say in everyday life, but it is just incredible.  

Listen to it.  Call me if you need a copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment