Monday, December 14, 2009

I should be fired...

I am blogging instead of working.  This is technically my plan period, but I am tired of music. 

Well, kind of... I am actually listening to the radio.  But still... just not the beautiful recorder echoes of 8-year-olds.

I had a pretty good day today at school.  During the beginning of the year, I was having some on-days and some off-days.  I can honestly say that even though I have been going home tired lately, I haven't been going home with a headache.  I was getting frustrated when things weren't going my way at school.  Whether it being misbehaving students, forgetting things, listening to my principal yell, lesson plans just not really working out, etc.  Either I am not letting these things get to me because I am not noticing them -OR- it really is getting better!  Students are so much better behaved!  Even close to the holidays!  They might be finally getting used to my rules.  I am writing more things down and forgetting less!  My principal LOVES me!  She bought me a wonderful XMAS gift!  My lessons have (pardon my bragging) been AWESOME!   And the kids are just loving them.

And I am standing up for myself.  Our school counselour today asked me to start coordinating the "Character Ed" Program and to keep HER updated.  I think it's like a program of artsy stuff (singing, instruments, visual art, dancing, etc) that basically somehow relates to good character traits... respect, honesty, cooperation, peace, etc.  So I said, "Oh, I didn't know that it even existed.  When is it?"  Her response, "OH, the last week of school".  My response, "You are definitely going to have to get back to me after the break.  If you ask me to do that now, I will not even think about it over break."
GO ME!  I HAVE GUTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment