I have some serious exciting DIY plans for our wedding.
The problem is: I can't do them all because it will look ridiculous to have that much "stuff" going on. So, I have chosen a few really exciting things that I WILL finish.
(My colors are red and pink... kind of girly, and not really 'me', but I really like the feel of the romantic thing)
Here they are:
- For the ceremony: DIY white tissue paper pomanders to hang in the aisles of the church.
- Save the Dates: I ordered 250 business cards with our info FOR FREE online (+ shipping), which I am going to attach to magnets and send with a picture.
- Guest Book: I found a REALLY cute idea on Martha Stewart Weddings, create cute little pieces of paper and envelopes of brightly colored paper and attach envelopes into a scrapbook. The guest writes a message on the paper and finds an empty envelope in the book and places it in there for us to read later.
- Centerpieces: I have two different centerpieces because I have a lot of tables. One is a plain vase with pink and white silk cherry blossom stems. The others: a vase with water and dried curly willow branches inside. On top: red tissue paper pomander. Possibly with some ribbon around the vase. (I found vases on dollartree.com for $1 ea.)
- Place cards and table numbers: I found the BEST IDEA EVER. Each table has a "number" which is really the word 'love' in different languages. So there will be a 'love' table, an 'amore' table, etc. Each place card has the person's name and ______ table on it. SO cute.
- In addition as sort of a favor: Each person will have a copy of a poem in their table's language on pretty paper sitting at their chair :)
- Also at each place setting: I have learned all kinds of paper and napkin folding techniques. Each person will have their napkin folded in a fan and in the center will be an beautiful kusudama origami flower folded by yours truly.
- My dad is making my huge and beautiful 5-tiered cake. That is the epitome of Do-it-yourself.
- Last, but not least: Candy buffet. I bought a bunch of different-shaped and -sized vases from Michael's which will be filled with pink and red candies. Each person will have a beautiful favor bag (which I decorated) to fill with their selection of candies.
So excited! Wish me luck!