Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Home Group

For the first time, I joined a small home group from church.  Sort of as a bible study, but so far we are kind of following a prescribed path with a book/DVD, etc. until we get on our feet.  Even though I grew up as a pastor's kid, there are certain things that go on in a young woman's mind that sometimes need to be said.  And not always to her dad.  I am lucky to have recently had spiritual growth in my relationship with my father.  But I have never had the opportunity to speak openly and without judgement, prejudice, etc., specifically about religious things.  It is SO  refreshing! 

We have only known eachother for a short period of time, but I already feel so happy that we were brought together (obviously for a reason) and I can't wait to get to know eachother better.  I also can't wait to talk about things that have been on my mind for a LONG time--but I never felt as if I had many people to talk to about them.

Please pray for me and my group.  that we will continue to grow together.  that we will learn from eachother.  that we will form long-lasting and meaningful relationships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment