Sunday, March 21, 2010

Un Dia Feliz--The First Day of Spring

Yesterday was the best day EVER.

I woke up nice and early (for a Saturday), watched some Saturday morning TV on the couch and had a cookie and milk for breakfast.

Then Josh woke up and it was so nice out that we spent some time outside cleaning our porch and making it look pretty again from the gross winter.

Then a nice shower and I wore pretty spring clothes.

We cleaned the entire inside of the house (fairly quickly) and did all the laundry. All while the windows were open blowing a light and wonderful spring breeze throughout the apartment.

For lunch, I cut up tons of vegetables. Cherry tomatoes, celery, cauliflower, baby carrots, cucumbers, and peppers... all with ranch vegetable dip... mmmm. Our own vegetable buffet tray for a spring lunch. I paired that with my fresh brewed berry iced tea :-)

After that, Josh and I started a game of Monopoly on the living room floor while watching episodes of The Office. After about TWO HOURS, Josh went to get ready for work.

After he left, I did my workout routine... 50 minutes of core and abs! It hurts so bad--still. Then I showered and put my spring clothes back on.

I met Kirsten at The Outback Steakhouse, which I haven't been to since 2006 (when I worked there). It was a nice long dinner. We had that great pumpernickel bread with REAL butter, a frozen peach drink from the bar, steak, shrimp, and garlic mashed potatoes. It was soooo good.

When I got home, Josh and I finished our Monopoly game (I lost), went to bed, and slept in late this morning.

Best weekend EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment