Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Best Honeymoon Story EVER--Part I

Our honeymoon was awesome.  We had a great time relaxing, meeting people, eating, drinking, and laying on the beach.  Unfortunately, my most memorable experience was the one you are about to hear:

The day before we left to go home, Josh was complaining of a sore throat.  So, that afternoon, he went to the room, took some Tylenol, and took a nap.   I stayed in the pool drinking mojitos with my 45-year-old Mexican friend and hot-mom, Linda.

He came back a few hours later feeling a bit better.  Later that night, at dinner, he said the throat pain was getting worse and was having trouble swallowing his dinner.  We had plans to go dancing that night with Linda and her husband.  But as soon as we got back to the room, he said his whole body was hurting, kind of like a flu.  So we just went to bed and watched some TV, hoping it would be better in the morning because we had a lot of traveling to do the next day.

Well, I woke up early to get ready and pack and he was out for the count.  He didn't want to talk, move, eat, or even shower.  I packed up all of our stuff, got a shower, went to breakfast alone, and came back.   I had to force him to get in the shower before we left.  We walked all the way to the lobby while I was carrying both suitcases, the carry-ons and my purse.  He was a few steps behind me moping along.  After check-out, we took a taxi to the airport.  And... we were there about 3 hours early.

We just sat there, waiting, and not talking.

You should know something about my wonderful and awesome husband, Josh.  When he is sick, he is a big baby.  He will admit that you himself.  This is an obvious problem for me because it is most definitely annoying to hear a 24 year old complain about a sore throat like a baby.  However, this time, I could honestly tell that it was real.  I knew that this was no sore throat.  He was truly sick.  We weren't sure if it was something he ate, drank, or caught.  But we knew that this was no common cold.

So there we are, just waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment