Sunday, October 3, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It's been raining here for days.  And days.  And days.

Although yesterday was a beautiful day!  We took a trip up to Long Neck, DE to visit some friends who were in town.  We went to Rehobeth and shopped, went to lunch, and hang out.  We had great weather!  And we got to see some friends who we don't get to see too often (and their 6mo old baby!).  It was fun!

We went to the Dog Fish Head restaurant for lunch and it was SO good.  Some of the BEST food I have had in a long time.  And there were plenty of their brews to choose from!

I officially moved my classroom last week and it took FOREVER!  It was nuts.  Now my new room is spacious and great, except it is a huge MESS!  I am not used to being disorganized, but I haven't had time to clean it or organize it yet.  It's driving me nuts because I don't know where anything is.  They didn't give me any paid time after school to move or set up, so I decided that it would all be done during school.  And I refused to give up any instructional time.  So my kids are having music class among a disaster.  It drives me crazy and they don't even notice!  Oh well.

I have my first performance this Saturday.  I am taking a large number of kindergartners to a local fair/festival thing to perform.  The performance is based on our Arts Integration theme this year, which is "China".  They are doing an "authentic" Chinese ribbon dance.  It is very cute and I think the parents will like it.  We will see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. I have loved Dogfish before I could drink!! Their drink PG-13 is delicious and I highly recommend the Punkin Ale, and during the summer/fall the Festina Peche. And Aprihop THE BEST... okay I'm done. LOL

    ReplyDelete