Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's Official

I am registered for my first Half Marathon!  EEK!

Here are the thoughts that are going through my brain:

  • I have run 11.5 miles at most so far.  The race is 13.1.  I can do that.
  • The time clock officially stops after 3 hours and 15 minutes.  I could walk the last 5 miles and still make it in that time.  Phew.
  • I really hope I don't twist an ankle or something.  I don't want to be picked up by the loser bus. 
  • It feels weird to say that I will literally run from Ocean City to Assateague Island.
  • It starts at the OC inlet and I will immediately cross this beautiful bridge:
Aerial view of the Ocean City Inlet from Isle of Wight Bay Aerial view of the Ocean City Inlet from Isle of Wight Bay. Also visible are the northern end of Assateague Island and Sinepuxent Bay, and the Route 50 bridge. Isle of Wight Bay,Maryland Coastal Bays,Sinepuxent Bay Ocean,City,inlet,Assateague Island,Skimmer Island
  • There is an enormous and very steep bridge at the end to get to the island.  Now why would they put this bridge at the END of the half marathon?!?!  To mock me?  Maybe.  Seriously.  Look at this thing:
  • But it will be worth it to say that I ran my first half marathon and it ended up here with these beautiful wild ponies:

  • Here is the official map:
oc half marathon course mapy logo

  • Josh's dad and brother are registered for the half marathon.  Josh is registered for the 5K that day in OC.  Josh's mom is assigned to cheerleader/camerawoman/pick-me-up-from-the-hospital-girl in the case that I don't make it up that bridge.
  • I have no interest in a full marathon.  Ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment