Thursday, July 14, 2011

Awesome Blossom

That^ title was both inspired by Michael Scott's  love for Chili's Awesome Blossom, and the topper that went on my wedding gift for my best friend's recent nuptials.

Something I will confess:  I am not a particularly crafty person.  I love and appreciate all things "craft", but I have never been interested or motivated to dive into that world.  Until I had an idea for L's wedding gift!

This is foolproof, easy, and can be inexpensive.  You should definitely do it the next time you need to gift someone, whether it be wedding, birthday, bridal shower, baby shower, etc.  Buy the towels from their registry, design them to look like a tiered cake, and decorate with the theme colors!  TA-DA:


It is easier than it looks, I promise!  Watch:

1.  Gather all of your materials.  You will need towels, ribbon, decorations, tape, thick floral wire, and maybe a glue gun.


2.  Now, before you go and ruin the towels you are about to give to someone for their new home, test a little bit of scotch tape on a tiny area just to make sure that it doesn't rip the towel apart when you pull it off.  Mine were safe!  Fold and roll the largest towel to your desired size VERY tightly and tape it together so that you are sure it won't fall apart.  I used the trial and error method on this one to get the size just right.




3. Bend the floral wire in half and slide both ends through the bottom of the bottom tier.


4. Follow Steps 2 and 3 for the second and third tiers.  I found that twisting the wire tight helped to keep everything in place.



5.  Add ribbon of your choice.  L's wedding colors were cornflower and gold-ish, so I chose these ribbons and taped them in the back.


6. Decorate!  Be careful if you need to glue anything.  Make sure it's dry before you put it on the towels!





7.  I found this awesome bouquet of silk flowers at Michael's (you can see them in the top pic) and tore the bottom stems off.  I just shoved the floral wire into the Styrofoam ball that was holding the flowers and VOILA!



It's true that both the bride and groom professed that it was the best gift on the gift table... That's all I'm sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment