Thursday, July 28, 2011

Closet Update #1

Remember when I said that I was going to remodel/re-do my closet before any other rooms?  Well, here is the before picture:



It's looking much better...
 ta-daaaa!

Phew.  I feel better already!  Pants on the bottom with rainbow-order hangers.  Shirts on top with white hangers, but still in rainbow-order.  Shoes neatly organized on the back left and front right and the kicker... flip flops on hangers!!!
In rainbow-order, of course...
...and the rest of them!
Remember how I was all worried about the huge mound of flip flops that I had?

Well, I did some research online and found this post by another blogger who had the same concern for all of her mismatched flip flops.  I wanted to get wire hangers and spray paint them white, like she did.  But when I got to good ol' Wal-Mart, I found them in white! One step already eliminated!



I used these enormous bolt cutters to cut the bottoms off of the hangers.  I literally had to go buy a larger set of bolt cutters because the tiny wire cutters just weren't cutting it. (haha, get it?)



Using the cutters, pliers, and my bare hands, I managed to make them all into the same hang-y shape:



 

And there you have it.  Flip flop hangers.  I will probably add the ribbon "jacket" on there soon like in the tutorial I found.  But for now, I am happy!

2 comments:

  1. You have almost as many flip flops as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flip flip hangers are a great idea! Really creative! I only have a couple pairs of flip flops right now, but I wonder if I could do something similar for shoes in general?

    ReplyDelete