Wednesday, July 27, 2011

MultiliteracyRevolution!!!

Okay, guys.  I am officially a nerd.  I have been more excited about my group project for grad school lately than anything else in my entire life!  In all of my online classes, the final project has been a group project.  They are all different.


In the first class which was titled, "Globalization and Education Policy", our group project was to be in groups of 4 people and to write a 30-35 page paper and do a  to the class on the transformation of education policy in any country of our choosing.  My group chose Chile.  It was a LONG and boring, tedious, tiring project.  But I learned a lot about research.  And how to communicate with 5 other people that you will never meet about something that you have to be intimately involved with.  That was a process.


In my second class titled "Global Issues in Learning" (I know, what a vague title), our group/final project was just a presentation to our class.  It could literally be on anything as long as it involved education, globalization, and culture to some degree.  My group chose to do a presentation on University Rankings Systems.  You know, the US News and World Report "US Best Colleges of 2010"?  I actually really enjoyed this project.  I learned a lot and liked the topic, so it worked out.  It was a lot of work, but not as much as the first class.


The project that I am currently working on is the one I have spent the most time on... by far.  But I am enjoying it so much that it doesn't even matter!  Hey teacher friends, have you heard of "multiliteracies"?  That's what my project is on.  The class is called "Technology and Education Reform".  "The final project for this class is a team activity in which you will cooperate to produce a technology-based, multimedia project (a video, a web site, etc) that addresses one of the central themes of the course."... according to my professor.  My group decided to write a blog as a resource for teachers and students on the topic of multiliteracies.  Are you interested?  Well, I am not going to give it all away.  But I am very proud of the progress.  By the way, the project isn't due for another two weeks...  Here it is:



Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment