Thursday, November 17, 2011

Office Updates

Our office looks a little different since the last time you saw it.  I have been wanting these awesome flower-on-the-wall things ever since I saw this photo from younghouselove's first home office:


I love how they are placed on  the floating shelves.  I just knew I needed them.  I had been eye-ing them up at Bed Bath and Beyond for quite some time and they were never on sale.  Well I found them (in silver) for 50% so I swooped them up and figured I could spray paint them someday.


Our bookshelf went from this:

 

to this:


So, temporarily I filled them in on our bookshelf and in the vase above it.  I also added some dried flowers from my bouquet from my friend Meghan's wedding.  Then, I bought some white boxes and filled them with office-related stuff.  Until we paint our new craigslist desk, we have absolutely no storage.  I keep paper in the long thin one and scissors/pencils/etc in the thicker one on top.


I was also very inspired by this little guy, who I have named "Chirp".  I found him in a fabric store Christmas Clearance section for like a buck.  How could I not?  He's so cute.  So I plan to use him somehow in our future office plans.  Maybe a bird theme of sorts?


Things definitely aren't even close to finished.  We still need to hang the gallery wall, paint the walls, paint our new desk, get a new office chair, put some floating shelves on the wall, and probably get some sort of other seating.  I have found some really cool tiny loveseat couches that pull out into a twin sofa bed.  How functional!

No comments:

Post a Comment