Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Bedroom Idea Was Born on Friday Night

We spent last Friday night watching one of our favorite movies with friends:

 

Hilarious.  Something in one of the scenes caught my eye and I didn't say anything, but I have been doing some research.  I noticed the wall behind the bed in this scene:




This is the best picture I could find, but I LOVE the accent wall behind the bed and how it's textured and kind-of like wallpaper (it actually may be wallpaper)... not sure.  I am also currently in LOVE with this bedside bench from Pier 1:

Hayworth Upholstered Bench
 Not a great pic, but if you have a Pier 1, go see it. It's beautiful.  It may be my inspiration for re-purposing the old coffee table into a new bench.  I just have to figure out how to do it.  I have been thinking a lot about curtains in our room, too.  We have those nice blinds, but I don't really like them.  We have a weird set of windows: one on each side of the bed and one extra one in the corner.  I thought about floor-length curtains, but that didn't seem like it would work.

So, I thought with some cool accent wall behind the bed, I wouldn't need big textured curtains and I could either keep what I have or get some other plain/solid ones.  So I did some research on non-wall-papered accent walls.  I am not about to attempt any sort of wall-paper-hanging.  I mostly got stenciled ideas, which are great.  Then I found this on Pinterest:


This is officially my bedroom inspiration picture.  I will do this.  And the headboard coordinates with the Pier 1 bench.  And I love gray.  And I promise I can do it without making it girly.  I made a goal for myself to not make my house girly.  I hate going into  other homes and seeing really girly rooms with tons of flower prints and pink striped walls and whatnot.  Dude.  Your husband has to sleep in there!!!!  Not fair.  So, I made it a personal goal to not make any room "girly".  Except my closet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment